About “The Hive”
The newest addition to MSU’s entrepreneurial landscape! The Hive is a 3,800 s.f. dynamic “idea laboratory” scheduled to open Fall 2014 located in Wilson Hall. The space is equipped with the state of the art technology and a layout to encourage team building and idea development. The space will facilitate 100+ students and will be used as a teaching platform for faculty but also be a resource to students enrolled in accompanying course offerings.
Hive Course Offerings
Fall 2014 / Spring 2015: BUS 201 (740) – Intro to Business Model Generation
Everyone has great ideas. We all think of “amazing, mind bending, earth shattering” ideas every day. Yet it takes a different mindset to move from idea to implementation. The design of this course is to provide you with the basic tools and perspective to take your great ideas to the next level. This course will prepare Spartans that are poised and ready to pursue their dreams and change the world.
Enrollment will allow students to have exclusive access to the Hive as well as onsite mentoring from faculty and external professionals to help bring their ideas to fruition.
The course is scheduled to meet on Fridays from 11:30 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. but will also involve activities / events / speakers outside of scheduled class times that will be arranged during the semester.
Topics covered will include the following:
- Value Proposition: What value do we deliver to the customer?
- Customer Segmentation: For whom are we creating value? Who is most important?
- Channels: Through what channels do our customers want to be reached?
- Customer Relationships: What type of relationship does our customer expect us to establish & maintain?
- Revenue Streams: What is the customer willing to pay for our value proposition?
- Key Activities: What are the activities we need to perform to ensure our value proposition?
- Key Resources: What resources do we require to ensure delivery of our value proposition?
- Key Partners: Who are the partners needed to deliver our proposed value?
- Cost Structure: What are the most important cost considerations to our proposed business?
Ultimately this space / course will be the launching pad for incredible mind bending ideas and will set the path for great student created ventures.
Partners: The Hive is a collaboration between the Office of Residential and Hospitality Services, Broad College of Business, College of Communication Arts and Sciences, College of Engineering, and MSU Innovation Center.
Information: Please contact Ken Szymusiak, Managing Director – email@example.com